Nominations for the International Membership Award (IMA) are now being accepted by the Physics-Astronomy-Mathematics (PAM) Division of the Special Libraries Association (SLA). The SLA-PAM Division will present this award to a librarian from the developing world.
The award provides a two-year SLA membership for the years 2012 and 2013; a virtual (online) access to the 2012 Annual Conference; and $500 USD worth of SLA professional-development materials in the form of Click U webinars and online courses and/or e-books. For more information about SLA professional development training, please visit the following web page:
Please submit nominations to the chair of PAM International Relations Committee (IRC) (address below) by December 5, 2011. The award will be announced in January 2012. More information about the PAM Division and the award can be found at: http://pam.sla.org/projects/irc/
The purpose of the award is to provide an opportunity for librarians from the developing world to be an active member of SLA and of SLA-PAM.
- The award will provide SLA membership, including PAM Division affiliation, for a period of two years.
- PAM will provide the IMA winner a virtual pass to the 2012 SLA Annual Conference.
- PAM also provides the equivalence of $500 USD in professional development through Click U online courses, webinars, and/or books.
- The award recipient will send the IMA Chair a short report on the state of scientific information/libraries in his/her country so that the report can be posted on the PAM IRC webpage.
- The award recipient will also prepare a final report reflecting on his/her experience with PAM and providing recommendations for future improvements to the award program; this report is to be sent before the end of the second year of the award to the PAM Executive Board and PAM IRC.
- The award recipient will serve as a member of PAM’s International Relations Committee (IRC) during the term of the award.
- The nominee must reside and work in a developing country and have basic English skills.
- The nominee must be working currently in a library, information center, library school or other information-related capacity, in one of the subject areas related to science and technology. Priority will be given to applicants working in Physics-Astronomy-Mathematics areas.
- The nominee should not have had any previous opportunity of active involvement in SLA such as attending the SLA annual conference or any other professional library association meetings in the U.S.
Self nominations are encouraged. Nomination documentation should include the following:
- A letter highlighting the candidate’s professional career and qualification and explaining why this person should be granted the award.
- The candidate’s current professional resume.
- Contact information for the nominee: name, position, business address, and (if possible) email address.
Nominations are to be submitted by December 5, 2011, to the PAM IRC chair. Electronic submission by e-mail is preferred. The award recipient will be announced in January 2012. Selection will be made by the PAM Executive Board in consultation with the PAM IRC Chair/Co-Chair.
Please submit nominations to:
Chair, SLA-PAM International Relations Committee
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, California 90840-1901
Phone: (562) 985-2641 | Fax: (562) 985-1703 |