PAM Bulletin Vol 40, No 1
- Message from the Chair
- SLA in 2013 is Taking Shape
- Note from the Past Chair
- 2012 PAM Division Board Meeting Minutes
- 2012 PAM Division Business Meeting Minutes
- Astronomy Roundtable: Pioneering the Unknown
- Mathematics Roundtable
- Physics Roundtable
- Vendor Update Summary
- UX for Non-UXers Session Summary
- Publisher Liaisons Report
- Strategic Directions Update
- Membership News
- Member’s Corner
- American Astronomical Society Publications Board Meeting
- APS Subscription Service: Effective Immediately
- PAM Bulletin Sponsor: AIP
by Ruth Kneale
This July, I had the delightful honor of hosting the Newcomer’s Lunch and welcoming several new members to PAM and to the conference. It was great seeing them all around the conference halls and in the Daily Retreat. I want to thank Stella for taking on the rest of the hosting duties at the Lunch for me, as I had to leave the amazing-smelling Russian Tea Time restaurant only a few short minutes after the lunch started. I had to attend a rehearsal/walk-through for what was, for me, the highlight of my year – the Fellows award ceremony.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you all, in writing. The support I have received from PAM in general over the years, and recently from Zari, Emily, Nisa and Stella, has been amazing. I would not be where I am in my professional career, either in my place of work or within SLA, without the encouragement and help I have received from you all. Being made a Fellow of SLA is an incredible honor, and I will do all I can to continue highlighting PAM’s efforts, work, and incredible members to the councils I’m now on, the Board, and Headquarters.
Thank you, PAM. You all rock!