PAM Bulletin Vol 40, No 3
- Message from the Chair
- Newly Revised and Posted, PAM Strategic Plan 2012-2015
- Financial Report
- SLA 2013 Conference
- The Roundtable Formerly Known as Computer Science
- Math News
- Astronomy News
- Physics Roundtable
- Update from the Nominations and Elections Committee
- Call for PAM Awards Nominations – Year 2013
- What is the PAM Mentoring Subcommittee?
- Keeping Up With Our Association
- IAU WG Libraries Meeting Papers Posted
- Spotlight on Astronomy Print Collections at Caltech
- Member’s Corner
by Dianne Dietrich and Lance Utley
Unified Astronomy Thesaurus Announced
Through PAMNET and other outlets, we are learning about the Unified Astronomy Thesaurus (UAT). The project is and “open, interoperable, and community-supported” effort to unify divergent astronomy thesauri of the past. Visit http://astrothesaurus.org to learn more.
Astronomy Round Table @ San Diego
The moderators of the Astronomy RT continue to accept volunteers interested in participating in lightning talks (5-10 minutes) for the session at SLA 2013. Topics include:
- Adjusting to the diminishing (or loss of) physical collections and space
- How to use bibliometrics, or tracking staff publications to demonstrate impact of institutions, instruments, and scientists
- Miscellany of import to the community including but not limited to Data Curation, Instruction and Open Access.