Aims of the Committee:
- To strengthen communication among PAM librarians worldwide through professional and personal contacts;
- To enable PAM librarians and information specialists to provide information in a timely manner;
- To promote equity of access to online resources for everyone, by informing publishers and other information providers of technological weaknesses especially in the Developing World;
- To foster information exchange between SLA members and special librarians worldwide, especially those in the Developing World.
PAM International Membership Award (PAM-IMA) recipient for the two year period 2009-2010 is Ms. Adefunke Olanike (Nike) Alabi. Nike is currently serving as Assistant Librarian/Science Librarian at University of Lagos, Akoka Lagos, Nigeria.
PAM International Membership Award (PAM-IMA) recipient for the two year period 2008-2009 is Ms. Mandy Taha. Mandy is currently serving as a Senior Research Services Librarian at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, in Alexandria, Egypt.
- List of PAM International Membership Award recipients (PAM-IMA)
- Text of Reports by PAM IMA recipients presented at the PAM Roundtable Session of SLA Annual Conferences
The Physics, Astronomy, and Mathematics (PAM) – Asia Pacific Forum (PAM-APF) is a regional forum for librarians and information specialists with an interest in physics, astronomy, mathematics and computer science subjects.The Forum has a Discussion List. If you wish to join the forum please fill in this online form.
The development of this Forum is also supported by the Asia-Pacific Special Interest Group, APSIG, of the Australian Library and Information Association.
All readers with an interest in the development of this network are invited to contact the co-ordinator, Christina Birdie. Information on any other projects related to physics, astronomy, maths and computer science is welcome.
Other Sites of Interest:
- ASTROLIB – a moderated discussion list for the exchange of information, ideas, issues, and concerns among astronomy librarians. If you would like to join, please send a message to the list moderator, Kathy Robertson.
- PAM has established an international discussion list called PAMnet.